Monday, January 6, 2014

Week 1 - Warm

I had a lot of ideas for the "warm" challenge, but for the first week I decided to go with something nice and easy and made a couple neck warmers for my husband.  I had made a bunch of these as holiday gifts and they were a big hit.  I failed to make one for Marshall and have been hearing about it all week, so to stop his bellyaching I quickly whipped a couple up for him

These can be made in any size and  are a great way to use up the scraps in your fabric stash.  You can heat them in the microwave for a minute or two and use to ease sore muscles or kept in the freezer for emergency boo boos.  I filled these warmers with rice, scented with a little lavender oil, but you can also use wheat and different oils, based on your preference.


As I said these are super easy to put together and you can easily make 5 or 6 in 30 or 40 minutes.

Cut 2 pieces of fabric, or use one piece folded in half.  6x20 (12x20 if using a single piece) is a good size and works well when using fat quarters.


With right sides together sew the long side(s) and one short side.  Turn right side out and press, folding the open edge in to create a clean edge.

Using a funnel add scented rice, I used about 3 cups of rice.

Sew open edge closed.


To use heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes, or keep in freezer


 Now it's your turn to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment